InterCoat® ChemGuard A.M. (Anti-Microbial) is a new product in the InterCoat® ChemGuard Line of Coatings. Our A.M. technology has the same corrosion performance benchmarks set by the InterCoat® ChemGuard 300 Series with the added ability to keep your steel fresher and cleaner for longer, protecting it against odor causing and staining microbes, such as bacteria and mold. Backed by BioCote’s silver-ion technology, you can rest assured that your steel has the corrosion performance the InterCoat® ChemGuard brand is known for and the very best antimicrobial protection from BioCote.
The InterCoat® ChemGuard Line of Coatings chemically reacts with most zinc or zinc alloy coated substrates (HDG, GA, EG, Z.A.M.) and forms a unique covalent bond. InterCoat® ChemGuard products vastly exceed the corrosion benchmarks established by traditional chemtreatments and have the ability to be processed without oil or forming solutions. Eco-Green Coatings has the ability to formulate our coatings to overcome your corrosion and secondary processing challenges. Contact Eco-Green Coatings to find a product to match your steel’s needs.
- Q: What is BioCote Antimicrobial Technology?
- A: BioCote Antimicrobial technology is manufactured into products, like ChemGuard, to protect them from a wide range of microbes such as odor causing and staining bacteria and mold. By actively reducing the presence of microbes on a protected surface, BioCote technology makes your product cleaner and easier to keep hygienically clean, increasing the life expectancy of the product.
- Q: How does BioCote work?
- A: The BioCote silver Technology that is incorporated into ChemGuard works in many ways to reduce the presence of microbes on a protected surface, with some of these ways being:
- Damages: The technology enters the microbial cell wall causing irreparable damage to vital functions for its survival.
- Stops: The technology stops any survival mechanism the cell might have for situations of distress, meaning the cell cannot begin to repair itself from the catastrophic damage caused.
- Disrupts: The technology disrupts the energy flow within the cell, further limiting its ability to survive the interaction with the technology.
These three, alongside other modes of action, happen simultaneously, and cause the cell to die.
- Q: How well does it work?
- A: Eco Green Coatings have test data to show that, thanks to BioCote, ChemGuard achieves up to a 99.99% reduction of microbes on a protected surface. (ISO 22196:2011)
- Q: How long does it last?
- A: The BioCote protection in ChemGuard is built in at the time of manufacturing, and is permanent. It will last the lifetime of the product, and will not leach out or wash away - it continues to provide round the clock protection against the colonization of microbes that can cause staining, odors, and material degradation.
- Q: Where can I find out more?
- A: For more information about the antimicrobial technology incorporated into our product, please visit the BioCote website at: www.biocote.com
'BioCote technology does not protect users or others against disease causing bacteria, germs, viruses, or other harmful organisms. This technology is not a substitute for good hygiene and/or cleaning practices.'
700 Chase St.
Gary, IN 46404