InterCoat® ChemGuard A.M. (Anti-Microbial) is a new product in the InterCoat® ChemGuard Line of Coatings. Our A.M. technology has the same corrosion performance benchmarks set by the InterCoat® ChemGuard 300 Series with the added ability to keep your steel fresher and cleaner for longer, protecting it against odor causing and staining microbes, such as bacteria and mold. Backed by BioCote’s silver-ion technology, you can rest assured that your steel has the corrosion performance the InterCoat® ChemGuard brand is known for and the very best antimicrobial protection from BioCote.
The InterCoat® ChemGuard Line of Coatings chemically reacts with most zinc or zinc alloy coated substrates (HDG, GA, EG, Z.A.M.) and forms a unique covalent bond. InterCoat® ChemGuard products vastly exceed the corrosion benchmarks established by traditional chemtreatments and have the ability to be processed without oil or forming solutions. Eco-Green Coatings has the ability to formulate our coatings to overcome your corrosion and secondary processing challenges. Contact Eco-Green Coatings to find a product to match your steel’s needs.
- Q: Have you ever tested BioCote's effectiveness against Legionellosis?
- A: We suggest going to BioCote's website at www.biocote.com for more information regarding this topic
- Q: SRB? Anaerobic and aerobic bacteria? Have you ever tested this coating for mitigation of Total Heterotrophic Plate Count?
- A: No.
- Q: Will this coating last the life of a product if submerged or constantly wet?
- A: We understand the BioCote technology will not migrate from the treated surface on the basis of this. We would expect the A.M. effect to be lasting for as long as the ChemGuard coating remains on the surface.
- Q: Have you ever used this product to replace or reduce oxidizing biocides for water treatment?
- A: No, the purpose of the BioCote technology is to protect the treated surface and not have an external effect, even if we understand that it may.
- Q: How does this technology work?
- A: Products protected by BioCote antimicrobial technology will negatively effect microbes that contaminate the surface through:
- Protein Damage: Proteins are essential for the biological systems of life. Any damage to these components causes the failure of essential functions such as energy production.
- Cell Membrane Damage: By disrupting the microbe's membrane, its structural integrity is compromised, which can cause essential nutrients to leak out and catastrophic structure failure.
- Oxidative Damage: Antimicrobials can cause increased levels of reactive oxygen species, which results in damage to the internal systems of the microbe.
- DNA Interference: The genetic material of the bacteria is disrupted, ultimately stopping the bacteria from being able to replicate by blocking the copying of their genetic material.
- Q: Does this product leach out into water?
- A: BioCote antimicrobial technology will not uncontrollably leach from a product. BioCote have demonstrated this via testing treated materials with the likes of WRAS/PIRA.
700 Chase St.
Gary, IN 46404